Thursday 11 July 2013

Out of Africa


Ack! Tomorrow is the day!

This time tomorrow I'll be on an overnight flight to Johannesburg, leaving comfort and familiarity behind. No big deal. Except AAAACCCK.

I'd be way more stressed out if I hadn't just taken my anti-anxiety sleeping meds, but despite the floatiness of the pharmaceuticals I've ingested, to say I'm feeling a tad nervous is a massive understatement.

What the hell am I doing?!

I'm excited about this next leg of the journey, the actual adventure part, but I'm also pretty damn terrified.

I'll write about what I'm expecting in Africa when I'm more coherent, because right now I'm pretty much just an emotional lump in a druggy fog.

But suffice it to say, "Shit. It's happening."

Eeep.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your flight to Dubia is smooth and that you hav some time to see that 'wonder'-maybe just the airport. I know that your are reved up for Africe with a stay in Joburg's airport and then another flight to where the orphanage is. Do take a day off, if you can, when you arrive, to settle down, get oriented etc. Judy H

    ReplyDelete